Well, so much for my blogging everyday, ay? Perhaps I should shoot more for once a week, or going by my previous post, two weeks.
In my defense, I have been busy. Here’s the highlights;
Gave in and started playing Star Wars The Old Republic. Even canceled my World of Warcraft. It was a bittersweet moment. I still have the urge daily to play WoW, but I have not reactivated it as of yet. lol SWTOR isn’t bad. It’s fun. I have no idea what I’m doing, nor do I understand Star Wars itself, but I am enjoying the game nonetheless. Do I think I’ll never play WoW again? Of course I will. I always go back to WoW. We learned that with Starcraft AND Rift.
Found out of Wednesday, January 4th that my mom is CANCER FREE!!! wOOt wOOt It was an emotional day. Getting up early, sitting around the hospital while she had her last scans. Then sitting in the doctor office for almost an hour over her appointment time was all worth it when we heard the words “All clear”. We celebrated with “fancy hamburgers” and diet Dr. Pepper with my grandparents.
What else? I know there is more. I am really very quite important…OOH…
I have lost 4lbs since restarting my diet the Monday after New Years. I have lost a total of 43lbs now since April 2011. I am hoping to make it to my goal weight by June, will reassess and decide how much more I’d like to lose before the end of the year. I’d like to be completely finished losing weight by then and just have to maintain from there on out.
There is other news, but, not really mine to share, as of yet. I’m sure I will talk about it in posts to come, but for now, I gotta keep it hush, hush. This is the big bad intraweb pages and you never know who if reading. ;)
Brought in the new year with a fizzle, but, in my old, tired state, it was just plenty for me. Hung out with Dad, grandparents, aunt, uncle and all the kids. Ate a ton, played some cards, drank a bit. Drank a bit more…then got up this morning and ate some more, then came home and sat around and did nothing all day but watch movies. It was glorious.
Anyway. I was sitting around thinking about resolutions today and I remembered, what I thought I posted on Facebook this time last year, come to find out, it was posted for 2010.
Let us take a moment to review, and go over how I’ve failed miserably at each and every one, shall we?
1. Improve my physical fitness by getting to the fitness room at least twice a week. Never happened. Did not set foot into that place, um…once the 2 years we lived there.
2. No more red meat. CURSE YOU BACONATOR!!!
3. Be a better wife and mother. Nailed this one and continue to nail it. ;)
4. Stop smoking. This is a reoccurring resolution that I am currently revisiting…
5. Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. I fail at life.
6. Be more thankful. I like to think I am. Usually. Most days. Um. That one Wednesday…
7. Blog daily. DOOOO EEEEET!
8. Spend less, save more. Ha…yeah.
9. Be more organized. A work in progress. Always.
10. Remember to breathe. I still have a problem with this. I tend to pile on all I possibly can and right at the point where I’m ready to break, I pile on some more as a means to stifle that weakness.
So. Yeah. That was from 2010. As you can see. Epic fail. But, whatev. I’m more determined than ever to get a handle on some aspects of my life this year because of how craptacular 2011 was for me and pretty much everyone I know. I’ve only had one cigarette today, even though I have 2 left that I planned on smoking so that I would be done and over it by tomorrow. I lost a grand total of 39lbs this past year and plan to lose at least 35 more this one. So, baby steps. My hopes are not set quite as high. Lose 30+ more pounds, stop smoking, the end.
Totally doable, yes? Yes.
Daily Grats 01.01.12
- My husband, children and family.
- My dog, who never fails to be overly ecstatic to see me.
- Biscuits and gravy. Enough said.
- Coconut Cream Pie. LOVE IT!
- The weather, even though I know we are living on borrowed time and eventually snowpocolypse will catch up to us.
Will be posting here on a regular basis as of January 1, 2012. The year of lots of changes for me!!! I’m excited and plan to live it up until then. lol
Until then, just checking out how this works.
YAY! How easy was that?!?! So excited to get down to really blogging! Totally need my own talk show, gotta start somewhere!